The Weber Q 2200 is a very versatile and compact gas grill from Weber.
It has an attractive design and can, therefore, be easily distinguished from other models. The Q 2200 can be used both on the balcony and in the garden.
Because it has a practical base which gives it a stable hold on any surface. The following article describes what the Weber Q 2200 can do and what distinguishes it from other gas barbecues.
- Total cooking area = 280 Square Inches
- Stainless steel burner puts out 12,000 BTU-per-hour
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- Electronic ignition with built in thermometer
- Two folding work tables
Guide Review – Weber 54060001 Q2200
The high price is also reflected in the processing. Because this is definitely high quality. The integrated grease drip tray enables a clean and comfortable grilling. It absorbs the dripping fat and the excess marinade and prevents these liquids from ending up in the grill and especially in the burners. This results in significantly less smoke than with many other appliances.
After barbecuing, simply remove the grill tray and clean it. It is then ready for use again the next time you use it. Even if the Weber Q 2200 Black Line looks a bit bulky at first, you should not be fooled. Because it fits without any problems on every terrace and also on every balcony.
The Q 2200 from Weber is equipped with a powerful stainless steel burner. Now you may wonder if this is strong enough.
Because most other gas barbecues have at least two or even more burners. The answer is yes. The existing burner is very powerful (3.52 kilowatts) and is completely sufficient for an appliance of this size. It generates sufficient heat and can even compete with many large barbecue trolleys in this respect.
The Weber Q 2200 is ignited with a practical electric ignition. It is very reliable and allows for safe lighting. Another point worth mentioning is that the grill is mounted on a high-quality trolley from Weber. The latter not only makes a very good impression visually but also ensures that the barbecue always stands safely and securely. It does not matter whether the Weber Q 2200 is placed on a lawn, on tiles or even on earth or gravel. It fits seamlessly into any environment and is a real eye-catcher at every barbecue party.
In addition, it has two large wheels and allows you to push the device over the lawn and uneven surfaces and to use it as a mobile unit. So nothing stands in the way of undisturbed grilling pleasure. Two practical side tables are also on board. They are attached to the base frame and can be used to put down barbecue sauces, spices, plates, marinades, and sauces and to put down the barbecue cutlery (barbecue tongs, barbecue fork, barbecue gloves, and temperature tester).
As already mentioned, the Weber Q 2200 has a practical grease drip tray. It absorbs all draining liquids and thus prevents the grill from getting dirty and producing very strong smoke.
The cast iron grills are very robust and also very easy to clean. This makes every meal a real pleasure. To achieve this, first, allow the grids to cool completely after use. Then remove all coarse dirt with the practical Weber grill brush and clean the grilling area with a wet cloth.
- Even if there is only one burner, the grill reaches the desired temperature after only a few minutes after being lit.
- Another practical feature is that the Weber Q 2200 can be equipped with a warming grid. This allows you to place the already cooked food on the grill and keep it at the desired temperature without further cooking and possibly drying out too much.
- The burner ensures a very even heat distribution and the ignition works reliably.
- The Weber Q 2200 Station grills normal sausages and spare ribs very evenly but reaches its limits with thicker steaks.
- In addition, it is also only suitable for smoking to a limited extent.
- Some users also complain that the two left feet under the tub get very hot. This is due to the material from which the latter is made: aluminum.
The Weber Q 2200 is a very high-quality grill from Weber. The device works quite reliably with only one burner.
Unfortunately, it is not able to smoke or fry thicker steaks. Instead, it offers a generous main grill area. The porcelain-enameled cast iron grill can be dismantled into two parts, is very robust, and can be easily cleaned. The Weber Gas Grill Q 2200 is suitable for barbecues with up to four people.