Recipes for Beginners
Setting up a barbecue in the backyard of your home is perhaps the best thing you can do in terms of innovative cooking. There is nothing better than cooking your favorite food on a grill and enjoy it with your family or friends. Weekends are the most suitable time to enjoy barbecued food, but have you got any experience in the same? If not, then I’ve got two amazing recipes for you, which will give you the confidence of preparing barbecued food. Without any further ado, let us discuss two recipes, one with pork as the main ingredient and another with potatoes. These recipes have got a plenty of flavors and juices to make you go crazy for barbecue food. Read on for these great recipes for beginners!
Grilled Italian Pork Chops
Pork chops are loved by all non-vegetarians because these have a smoky and juicy flavor, which is definitely going to excite your taste buds.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 4 pork chops that are ¾ inch thick.
- 4 slices of ham.
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese.
- 4 slices of tomato.
- Salt to taste.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Chopped oregano to taste.
Grilled Italian Pork Chops
- Start off with preheating an outdoor grill, but on a medium heat. Then, lightly oil the grate.
- Add pork chops on the grill followed by sprinkling salt and black pepper. You will have to grill the chops until browned. One important thing to keep in mind is that chops should not be pink in the middle. This will take 5-8 minutes per side. You can insert a meat thermometer into the center of the pork chops. The center should have a temperature of around 145 degrees Fahrenheit or 63 degrees Celsius.
- Now, you need to place a piece of ham, mozzarella cheese and tomato on each pork chop. You can use Chicago knife set to cut precise slices of aforementioned ingredients. Finally, add paprika and oregano on the top and cook the chops until the cheese has melted. It will take a couple of minutes to see the cheese gets Let the pork chops for 5 minutes before serving.
This was the non-veg scrumptious delight, which you can enjoy alone or with your family and friends. But, in case, you want to have something in vegetarian, then you can prepare below-mentioned recipe, as it is equally delicious as the recipe that we have discussed earlier.
If you are looking to prepare something great with a vegetable, then you should definitely try campfire potatoes. You can dress these with chives, crumbled bacon and sour cream. Crumbled bacon is an optional dressing, which you can use while serving this dish to your meat loving family members or friends. You will have to take small potatoes for this recipe, as they get cooked in a better way on an open fire than large potatoes.
Ingredients for this recipe:
- 4 small potatoes (6 oz. each) and unpeeled.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium heat, between 325-375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a bowl and add salt, garlic powder, pepper and Italian seasoning in it. Mix all the ingredients well. Now, take a fork and pierce all the potatoes in multiple places followed by rubbing about 1 ½ tsp of oil onto each potato. After rubbing the oil, rub that mixture from the bowl onto each potato. Take an aluminum foil having a length of 12×12 inches and put each potato onto the foil. Properly wrap the foil, sealing all the edges tightly followed by wrapping the second layer of foil.
- Place those packets on the grill and keep rotating them every five minutes. It will take 20-25 minutes before the flesh of the potato becomes soft. You can open one packet and check that out using a fork. You can also tell whether it is properly cooked or not by checking out the skin. If the skin crisps, then that means, the potatoes are cooked. Let the potato cool down for 10 minutes before you could finally serve them to your family or friends.
Note: You can also cook these potatoes indoors. For that, you need to preheat an oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The process is same until wrapping potatoes in a foil (just once) and transferring them on a baking sheet. Then, roast the potatoes until they get softened. It will take about 40-45 minutes. Then, unwrap the potatoes, let them cool for 10 minutes and serve it to your family and friends.
Author Bio: Monica Henin, the author of this blog post is a renowned blogger and a food expert. She has written a countless number of blogs on healthy recipes and food tips. Some of her excellent work can be found at www.addonkitchen.com, which is a one-stop site for finding all kitchen related information.
Thanks Monica for a great guest post! These are two great recipes that I will try myself!
If you are a beginner when it comes to BBQ, use a Pro tool to help you become a better griller with help from the folks at ThermoWorks! That’s what I did!