Grilling – whether it’s done around a campfire in the woods on a trip, on your tailgate during a tailgate party, or in your backyard as part of a nice family cookout – is an integral part of western culture. The scent of roasting meat hovering through the air of a suburban street is one of the best reminders of how excellent sharing food with friends and family can be.
Proper grilling requires proper technique though, and part of a proper grilling technique involves making sure that you have the right equipment. Since you’re dealing with extremely hot equipment, it’s important that you get safety gear for your grill! It’s advised to get good utensils with a long reach and good grip, and just as importantly, grilling gloves.
In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- 【Grilling Gloves in Universal Size】: The size of the grilling gloves fits perfectly in the hands of men and women. Long cuffs protect your forearm and wrist, so do not be afraid to burn your wrists when holding in a hot oven.
- 【Heat resistant up to 1472℉(800 ° C)】: Our grill glove is made of aramid 1472℉(800 ° C) oven insulation cotton gloves. Our grill gloves machine washable. It is comfortable and easy to clean.
- 【Super long sleeves of 5.5 inch】: With a total length of 13 inch and the length protect our BBQ gloves but also your wrists. Our grill glove has a super-long sleeve of 5.5 inch. It also protects your wrists when you are deep in the oven, barbequing or holding your hand outside the fireplace. Our gloves fit anytime, anywhere.
- 【Double-sided dosage】: high-temperature environmental protection silica gel, excellent anti-slip performance, elegant appearance, easy to clean, can be used in both positive and negative, longer life, five-finger design, practical and flexible fingers, strong grip
- 【Use with confidence】: Grilling gloves used in the kitchen, outdoor barbecue, microwave, oven, stove, vehicle repair, welding, electrical repair, other heat-resistant industries such as metal stamping work.
There are a lot of grilling gloves available on the market, and they range in quality from shoddy gloves that will fall apart in days to extremely high-quality gloves that can take a beating and still be reliable years later. We’ve taken the liberty to sift through tons of different grilling gloves that are available today so you don’t have to.
100% Silicone vs. Extreme Heat Resistant Grill Gloves
AYL Silicone Cooking Gloves
- ENHANCED HEAT PROTECTION: We've carefully designed our dual-layer gloves to maximize your heat protection from open flames and oven temperatures with an outer silicone glove and inner heat-resistant cotton layer.
- MULTIPURPOSE VERSATILITY: The most versatile kitchen tool for baking, cooking and grilling, they can be used inside the kitchen for baked goods, by the grill for barbecue chicken, frying a turkey, or even the fireplace!
- SUPERIOR NON-SLIP GRIP: Each of our silicone 5-finger gloves comes with textured gripping surfaces to reduce the risk of accidents. Never again worry about slipping plates, hot pans or steamy ovens.
- ADVANCED HEAT RESISTANCE: Crafted with enhanced food-grade safe silicone that handles even the hottest temperatures and lined with cotton-soft insulation, you can protect your fingers and hands all the way past your wrists.
- WORRY FREE GUARANTEE: We work hard to create the safest and best silicone cooking gloves on the market, which is why we're confident in offering a worry free guarantee for satisfaction.
These grilling gloves are a fantastic option not just for grilling but for all sorts of cooking, including baking, boiling, and other sorts of barbecue related cooking.
In addition to being extremely versatile, these gloves are comfortable. They have cotton, heat resistant inner lining that provides comfort as if you were wearing cooking mittens. The outer surface has textured grips, which make it easy to pick up and move food and to use utensils without things slipping or sliding.
- They’re very easy to keep clean
- They have great heat resistance
- They’re stylish
- They have a very comfortable fit
- Cotton inner lining means this arent dishwasher safe
- They’re only available in one size
TTLIFE 932 Degree BBQ Gloves
If you’ve ever wanted a stylish pair of cooking gloves, these are the ones for you. In addition to looking incredibly cool, they’re made to withstand heat over 900 degrees F by use of Kevlar and Nomex fibers. Most barbecues don’t exceed 600 degrees, so there’s no worry of risking these gloves melting.
The inside has a comfortable cotton lining, the outside has super secure silicon grips.
- Incredibly high heat resistance
- They’re stylish and will impress your guests
- The cotton lining makes them comfortable and easy to wear
- They come in a single size
G & F 1682 Heat Resistant Gloves
- Provides grip for all fingers
- Can withstand extreme heat and even an occasional flame
- Perfect for indoor or outdoor use
- Ideal for grilling, BBQ, cooking, heat handling
Not only are these gloves a great budget option, but they’re also extremely heat resistant to the point of being excessive for everyday grillers. Like the previous entry, they’re made from Nomex and Kevlar, but they’re rated for 4800 degrees Fahrenheit which isn’t a temperature you’ll be encountering anytime soon on a barbecue.
They have a cotton and polyester inner lining for comfort. Despite their high heat rating, they tend to let a lot of heat into the glove, making for sweaty hands.
- Super cheap
- They’re stylish and attractive
- They have an insane heat resistance
- Comfortable to wear
- Heat gets into the glove making your hands sweaty
Arres BBQ Gloves
This is another very versatile pair of gloves. Despite the name, they’ve been designed for both indoor and outdoor use, so you’re immediately getting more bang for your buck since you can also use them in the kitchen.
They’re also made with hygiene in mind. The surface is made with a nonstick coating that prevents barbecue sauce or meat juices from sticking and staining, which makes it much easier to keep these gloves clean compared to other brands. They’re also made with grips on the outside.
As a bonus, they come with a free set of pulled pork skewers.
- These gloves are very versatile and made for both indoor and outdoor use
- Very easy to clean
- Comes with free pulled pork claws!
- A single size glove doesn’t really fit everyone comfortably
Verde River’s Gecko Grip Gloves
- DON’T BE FOOLED BY IMITATIONS! Gecko Grip Gloves Are Specifically Designed with Your Needs in mind: Longer Cuffs for Improved Forearm Heat Proof Protection. Extra Nubs for A Traction Grip. Onsite Factory Heat Tested Thickness Protects Your Hands Up To 425 Degrees. Gecko Grip Is Not A 'One Size Fits Most' Glove - Our Glove Sizes Are Tailored to Fit Your Hands - Four Sizes to Choose From. Use our sizing chart to Customize Your Fit!
- TIRED OF GETTING BURNED WHEN YOU COOK? Move grills, charcoal grates and wood chips on your patio, transfer pork butts and roasts in your smokers, move logs and cast iron on outdoor camp trips with a strong five finger grip. Thousands have used Gecko Grip Gloves to move Pyrex dishes in the microwave, shift racks and transfer baking pans, rotisserie and pizza stones in the kitchen.
- DISH CLOTHS DON’T PROTECT YOUR HANDS! THESE GLOVES ARE 100% WATERTIGHT – STEAM PROOF - Confidently grab lobsters, corn, canning jars and vegetables from boiling water. The Home brewer can pour boiling liquids with no splash burns. Sloshing hot juices, marinades and gravies slide off the surface and won't soak in like your old cotton mitts!
- STOP THE BALANCING ACT WHEN USING YOUR OLD BBQ UTENSILS AND ELIMINATE THE DREADED DROP! These gloves will help you master moving any meat, vegetable or pan in your Kitchen and on your Barbecue and Smoker With both hands. You can safely pick up, grab, turn, pull and transfer any hot food from your electric, gas or charcoal burner to the counter and warming pans.
- HIGHEST RATED CUSTOMER SUPPORT - We Care about You and Your Satisfaction. We Promise to Deliver a Premium Product! Included is a Lifetime Guarantee or Your Money Back - No Questions Asked! Limited time only! Buy a set of Gecko Grip Gloves and receive a 60% discount on Gecko Grip Meat Paws and Basting Brushes! All our products carry the same Lifetime Satisfaction and Guarantee. HURRY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
This is another pair of extremely cool looking gloves. They’re built with both strength and flexibility in mind, while maintaining a good standard of comfort.
Each finger is fitted with a non-slip coating as well as lined with traction bumps that make it easy to pick up and use utensils. Unfortunately, with all this strength and support, these gloves, as a result, are fairly heavy and stiff.
For the price, though, theses are some of the most reliable and durable gloves that you can find on the market today. They’ll last a long time and can ensure that they’ll maintain their quality and heat resistance for the time that you own them.
- These gloves, despite being thick and sturdy, can handle smaller objects and actions
- They’re designed with grips on each individual finger instead of just on the palm of the glove like many others
- They’re made with a stylish design
- They’re heavy duty gloves that can take a beating and a heating
- Their extreme strength makes them a bit heavy
- They aren’t the most flexible gloves on the market
Ecogrips BBQ Gloves
- FED UP WITH SMELLY, STAINED OVEN MITTS THAT SOAK UP WATER AND BURN YOU? America’s Bestselling Ekogrips are your solution! These silicone BBQ gloves are heat resistant up to 425 degrees and have become the standard for safety and range of use in kitchens and on grills all over America!
- THE ONLY COOKING GLOVES FEATURED ON THE COOKING CHANNEL, BUZZFEED, SOBE FOOD & WINE, & MORE - There’s a reason the Ekogrips have created a buzz, they fully protect both hands AND wrists while maintaining no-slip dexterity both on the BBQ and in the kitchen, from handling hot items fresh off the grill or reaching into hot water, to opening a tough jar - even removing dog hair or changing a lightbulb!
- 100% WATERPROOF, NO STAINING, NO SMELLING - Our oven gloves are dishwasher safe to allow a diverse range of use in virtually every cooking arena, have confidence in our proprietary, food cooking grade, BPA-FREE silicone that not only resists staining or smells, but features reinforced finger webbing to prevent rips or tears commonly seen with other silicone gloves - isn’t that worth it alone?
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - NO NEED TO RETURN! We take pride in our perfect customer service record on Amazon, and we promise to treat you like family - even for gifts! If you aren’t happy with your purchase, we will simply refund your money - no questions asked - just let the reviews speak for themselves!
- SEE WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING - **BEST barbecue gloves I have ever purchased.** - **We are amazed at the protection from extreme heat** - **Wish I had found these 10 years ago!** - **They replaced mine with the correct fitting gloves, now THAT is customer service.** - **Great product, excellent grip and dexterity, outstanding customer service!**
These are some of the few gloves that come in a variety of different sizes. They’re bright orange making them easily visible even at night, as well as being made with a nonstick coating that makes their cleaning easy.
- Bright orange color makes them hard to use
- Comes in different sizes to suit different cooks
- Extreme protection from hot steam and meat juice
- They can be a bit stiff.
BBQ Grill Gloves Buyer’s Guide 2020:
Why are grill gloves necessary?
The initial reason that would spring to mind when someone asks why they would need grill gloves is fairly obvious – protection from heat. As you use your grill, you’re exposing yourself to extremely hot flames, coals, and gases. If you don’t protect your skin from these things, then you might get hurt – the majority of grilling injuries come from some sort of preventable burn.
Grilling gloves do more than just protect the exposed skin of your hands from the heat of the flame itself, though.
- If you’re ever in a pinch where you need to move a piece of food quickly and your other utensils aren’t nearby, the first instinct that you’ll probably feel is to just pick it up and move it to a less dangerous area. If you do this without a good pair of grill gloves, you’re putting yourself into a position that will probably lead you to get burned.
- If you are using a charcoal grill and your charcoal needs to get changed in the middle of a grill out, good luck trying to do so with your bare hands.
- Grill gloves are also thick enough to stop you from getting cut from any sharp utensils or pieces of metal that might be a danger during your time grilling.
What makes a good grill glove?
When you’re buying grill gloves, the first and foremost factor that most people are going to look for is their ability to resist heat. You’re going to need gloves that are capable of resisting pretty high temperatures.
- If you wear gloves that aren’t made specifically for grilling, you risk having them burn or melt when exposed to the high temperatures involved in cooking.
- If you’re wearing rubber gloves that melt onto your skin, you’re in for a way worse injury than you would be if you hadn’t been wearing gloves. Make sure that any plastic or rubber gloves have been tested for their heat resistance.
- The highest temperature that the average gas grill will reach, at the height of the grate, is 600 degrees. Many gloves will have an advertised temperature protection range that says they’re safe at 600 degrees, but they might not say how long they’re safe for. A pair of gloves that’s safe at 600 degrees for ten seconds and then melts all over your hands isn’t going to help you out of a dangerous situation.
There’s a lot more involved in finding the perfect pair of grill gloves, though. While heat resistance is a factor that can’t be neglected, you also need to take care to cover the following aspects.
- You’ll need to make sure the gloves are an appropriate size – not just to be comfortable on your hands, but to ensure proper mobility.
- If you get gloves that are too big or bulky, or with fingers that are hard to move due to their size, you won’t be able to handle your utensils or your food easily.
- You want gloves to be made out of a material that’s not only good at resisting temperature but is comfortable to the touch. Uncomfortable gloves can lead to chafing or blistering with extended use.
- You’re probably going to want gloves that have long, extended sleeves that go up your forearm. This adds a whole extra degree of protection from fire, grease pops and the like.
- Make sure the cuff of the glove is wide enough to promote a strong air flow, but not so loose that they’ll fall off. Likewise, having gloves without a wide cuff means that your hands will get hot and sweaty, real quick.
Should I get mitts or gloves?
While there is a decent market for grill mitts, we’ve found that they’re not really the best option for anyone serious about grilling (or serious about not getting hurt.)
The main difference between mitts and gloves is that gloves have individual holes for each finger, and mitts don’t. This makes it a lot easier to handle utensils and food when you’re wearing gloves as opposed to mitts. If you can’t handle your things properly, you’re at a much higher risk of getting hurt.
The upside to mitts is that they’re usually a bit cheaper, but it’s not really worth saving a few bucks if you’re going to be dropping hot food everywhere and burning yourself.
What about the material?
Gloves can be made out of a few different materials.
- Throw out any notion of using cotton gloves. If you’ve ever tried to save a flaming burger or change coals with your kitchen oven mitts, you’ve seen firsthand just how well cotton doesn’thold up when faced with a grill.
- Many use heat-resistant custom forms of plastic that are good for preventing heat from reaching your skin.
- A lot of the best gloves for heat resistance are made of plain leather. Leather’s great at both retaining heat on the inside and reflecting it from the outside.
The material also plays a huge role in the mobility of your glove. While cloth gloves are certainly the easiest to move your fingers in, it’s not worth the fact that you’ll burn them as soon as you use them.
A lot of plastic-based gloves are chunky and hard to use, making it hard to pick up individual instruments and use them effectively.
Leather gloves strike a fine balance between mobility and heat resistance, meaning you can easily pick up the grill spatula you’ve dropped on the grill without worrying about having your gloves catch fire or melt.
What kind of gloves do BBQ pitmasters use?
Also, barbecue cooks prefer to use nitrile gloves (made out of synthetic rubber) instead of the latex or vinyl ones, for a wide variety of reasons. They’re a lot tougher than latex or vinyl, can be worn for a long time, don’t contain any powders, and are tested for durability by the FDA
Do silicone oven gloves work?
Silicone oven gloves are heat-resistant to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, which makes them much safer than ordinary fabric gloves. Silicone gloves are completely waterproof, providing excellent protection from steam and hot liquids. They provide a good grip which helps prevent slipping and dropping.
How do you clean grill gloves?
Use a soap and tap water (instead of a hot one) to wash them. Are the silicone gloves 100% waterproof? Yes, the Grill Armor Oven Latex Gloves are 100% waterproof and can be used to handle cold and even hot liquids. When taking the gloves off your hands grab the tips of the fingers and pull them off.
What kind of gloves are heat resistant?
What Type of Gloves Protect Against Heat? Materials that are commonly used to make heat-resistant work gloves include Kevlar®, terry knit, carbon fiber, or a combination of these fibers. The type of heat hazard that’s present will influence which hand protection you should be wearing.
How do heat resistant gloves work?
The heat resistant gloves provide excellent insulation and they are perfect for handling rough, sharp items. Most gloves can withstand direct flame and they allow the worker to get in direct contact with extremely hot surfaces without melting. … The palms benefit from added protection against heat as well.
What temperature can welding gloves withstand?
These materials can withstand temperatures of over 500 degrees Fahrenheit and short-duration temperatures of 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Welding and heat-resistant gloves have good grip and flexibility and resist abrasion, cuts and wear.
Which is the best?
To decide which set of grilling gloves was the best for everyday users, we had to factor in the fact that not every grill cook is the same size.
For that reason, we’re choosing the Ecogrips BBQ gloves, since they come in different sizes to suit all size and shape of different griller. They offer this without compromising any of their features – they’re heat resistant, comfortable, and offer protection from stray juices and steam.
On top of all this, they come with a nonstick coating, so cleaning will be just as easy as cooking with them was.
If you’re not concerned about size, Verde River’s gloves are the next best option. They offer the same features.
There are tons of different gloves to choose from and it can be hard to evaluate features without first trying them out. Hopefully, our research helps you make a good decision!